Answered

One channel (left or right) goes off when joining with other room

• 29 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

i have two Sonos One’s that are a stereo pair. And I have two Symfonisks that are a stereo pair. They work fine when I play music on either of the sets. However, when I group the Sonos and Symfonisks, only the right (or left) speakers of both pairs play sound. The other channel goes off. 

Any tips? Grouping the speaker sets used to work fine, but has stopped working since we moved to a new place. Could it be a wifi signal issue?

Thanks! 
Stefan

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 July 2021, 22:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

That does sound fairly odd, I suspect it is a bandwidth issue with the wifi, inasmuch as only some amount of data is reaching the speakers. I’d be curious if you can reproduce the issue while having one (or both) sets of speakers wired with an ethernet cable, too….that would be a good way of checking if it is indeed a level of wifi interference.

But without Sonos looking directly at some hard data, it’s extremely challenging to guess. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks Bruce, will contact Sonos!

Keep us posted, it is always interesting to see if the “guess” is correct :) And good luck!