Answered

On this mobile device freezes after a few minutes on Android

• 20 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Ever since the new upgrade when I shuffle on this mobile device everything is fine initially but after a couple of songs the queue changes and freezes. Sometimes the music plays without the now playing updating. Eventually I need to relaunch the shuffle. 

Any idea what is going on? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 April 2021, 13:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @airtas 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Could you please uninstall the Sonos app from your device, reboot the device, then reinstall the Sonos app and select Connect to Existing System when you start it up again? Thanks.

Please then test playback of On This Mobile Device again.

Badge

Hi @airtas 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Could you please uninstall the Sonos app from your device, reboot the device, then reinstall the Sonos app and select Connect to Existing System when you start it up again? Thanks.

Please then test playback of On This Mobile Device again.

Same result 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @airtas 

I think I might have misunderstood - is it the app that freezes, or playback?

If it is the app that crashes/freezes, please let me know the Android version of your device (phone settings » About Phone » Software Information » Android Version. (or similar)

If, however, it is that the playback stops, there could be a few causes. The Now Playing screen not updating is normally an indication of communication problems on the network (and playback stopping would be another indicator).

The first step I suggest you take is to reboot your WiFi router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds.

If that doesn’t help, is the Android device staying still or is it being moved throughout the house in your pocket as you’re playing? If it’s the latter, please test without moving the Android device.

Do you have another Android device you can test? If so, please do so and compare.

Are there areas of your home where things seem to work better? If so, there could be WiFi range or interference issues. I’d recommend a read of our reducing wireless interference help page. The first thing to check would be that the router has 1m space from anything else that may be transmitting (like a cordless landline phone base, Sonos speaker or WiFi printer).