Skip to main content

Hi All! Hope this message finds you well. Hoping to get some recommendations on the number and placement of Sonos ceiling speakers in my family’s new construction home. The image below shows the open concept 9 foot ceiling design: Living Room (23’ 2” x 18’ 11” – Cathedral Ceiling), Dining (12’ x 14’ 11”), Kitchen (10’ 8 ½ ” x 14’ 11”) & a hallway down the side. Additionally, Screened Porch (16’ x 17’ 11 ½"  - Cathedral Ceiling). We’re considering a 55” Samsung Frame TV (red box location) mounted to the right of the fireplace with a Sonos Sound Bar below.  Considering either ceiling speakers (sonos architectural speakers) in living room only (4 architectural speakers with one amp) in addition to sonos sound bar below tv or throughout main living space for music/surround sound throughout (6 architectural speakers with one amp). Of course, this can get pricey and open to other options to save money. Any suggestions on proper placement based on dimensions and where to place/quantify etc? Thank you in advance!

Floor Plan

Hi @JWP1, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’d recommend getting in touch with our sales team for projects such as this. They can help discuss placement of the Sonos speakers, what to get to compete your setup, and discuss the price with you.

You can either call them to set up a case or email with your information. Once they reach back out to you, you’ll be able to reply with your floorplans and any other details.

My reply will also push your thread back to the top, so I’m sure other users may come in this thread to offer their advice on what you should go for.

I hope this information helps!