Answered

Nugs.net - "Unable to play...song is not encoded correctly"

• 19 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Anyone ever get a resolution to this?

Nugs.net - "Unable to play...song is not encoded correctly" 

Some Artists albums/playlist play just fine, others do no.  For example  I can play recent Pearl Jam shows with no issue but if I try to play the newly added Grateful Dead 30 Trips Around The Sun: The Definitive Live Story you get 15 to 20 seconds of a song and it jumps to another one.

Help!!

:-)

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 July 2022, 20:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There are two (at least) possible reasons for this. One is some sort of wifi interference when the speaker is reaching out to the Nugs server and not completing the transaction that tells it what type of file it is trying to play. The other is issues on the Nugs server, at least the one they use to feed Sonos, which has some corruption of the file itself. 

I would bet on the first as about 95% chance, and read that FAQ I linked, and take a look at your network, and then submit a diagnostic to Sonos and call them, for their interpretation of the error message in the logs. Then, if they come up with nothing, I’d contact Nugs directly and see what they say.