Question

Not recognising WiFi password on new router

• 22 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I’ve had a new router for a week (Virgin hub 3) and for some reason my 5 speaker system (3 play:1 and 2 One) won’t connect to Wi-Fi. They were on the system earlier in the week! They work on Ethernet but won’t stay on Wi-Fi or allow me to set up a Wi-Fi connection. I just get ‘wrong password’ even though I’m sure it’s right. I’ve tried to use 2 different speakers too.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Merls,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you. Your router settings have not configured to work with Sonos. If you have access to your router, you may check the following settings or you may reach out to your internet service provider for assistance. You may also check this article first for Sonos system requirements, it describes recommended network types for Sonos.

Here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

• The auto channel must be set to Off.
  • Choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11).
  • Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz.
  • Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled.
  • 802.11 bands should be set to b/g/n.
  • Airtime Fairness should be disabled.

After checking your router settings and the issue is not fixed, I'd recommend reaching out to our support team to look into your system and find out the cause with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and to do some tests on the Sonos app to isolate the issue Please let us know if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.