Answered

No sound to external B&W speakers using either Sonos Connect or Port

• 22 December 2023
  • 4 replies

"Lost sound from Connect to Denon receiver to listen to music on external B&W speakers. Through multiple contacts with Sonos, I was told my Connect was malfunctioning. Consequently, I ordered a Port to replace the Connect. I still have no sound. Anyone got a fix for me? ".

icon

Best answer by buzz 23 December 2023, 01:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could it be the Denon is the cause of your problem?

Can the DENON play a radio station?

106rallye

Yes it could be the Denon. When trying to troubleshoot with Sonos support, the tech saw the connect faulty by running a loop on the connect inputs and outputs. Suggested I replace connect with the Port. 

if the Denon is causing the problem, any suggestions on how to test it to be sure it is the cause of my problem?

buzz - I have been able to listen to radio and, TV, streaming music apps, etc. through the Denon using loaded apps on my tv.

Since the DENON can play radio and TV, it is probably OK.

CONNECT hardware failure is high on my list and seems to be confirmed by the support testing.

Is the TV using RCA jacks as input to the DENON? If so, plug PORT’s Line-Out into these jacks as a test. Had CONNECT ever been able to play through the DENON? CONNECT failure aside, some receivers need to have their RCA jacks specifically programed before they can be selected. RCA jacks may not play or an HDMI input might override a specific RCA input jack by default.