Question

No sound through Port

• 7 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a Sonos setup with Port and Play1. It worked fine until I changed my email adress on Sonos. Suddenly no sound came through the port. The network is okay, cables are ok, and the port shows normally in my Sonos app. I do get music through the Play 1, bu not the Port

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @paulbjarne.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would like to ask some questions to better understand what is going on and to know how to proceed to help you out.

You have mentioned that the Play 1 plays music with no problem but the Port does not. May I know the answer to the following questions to get a better picture of how and what is going on.

• What is the device that the Sonos Port is connected to?
  • Is there a speaker directly connected to the Sonos Port or a receiver?
  • Can you please share some information about how the system is connected? (Port)
  • The Sonos Port is a Sonos Product intended to integrate third-party music sources into your Sonos ecosystem. It does not have a built-in amp or a built-in speaker.
  • What is the music source you are using?
  • Are the music services on the Sonos App affected?

The more information you provide, the more we can understand on how to paint the picture to help you out.

Thanks,