Answered

no results found in genres. sonos app says its because no services set up on system

• 8 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 19 replies

One attachment shows the sonos app will use iheartradio and spotify services to search by artist. However the other attachment shows the sonos app will not use these services to search by genre. Why not please? TIA .... Greg 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 March 2022, 03:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If I had to guess, searching by genre isn’t available because your search would result in MILLIONS of songs being listed from every music service you have added to Sonos. Imagine searching for “rock” under “Genre” and the amount of results you would get. Not to mention searching by genre from a library of tens of millions of songs is just inefficient and pointless.

But the Sonos app does allow you to search by genre if you set up your personal music library from your computer or NAS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Whether a music service supports a given category (eg “genre”) depends on that music service, and Spotify does not support Genre search (nor does iHeartradio). In fact I can’t find one that does from my services. Local Library is the only source I have that can do this.