Answered

No remotes work to control sound on playbar anymore

• 19 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I’m using an Apple TV remote. Used to be able to control sound on my playbar but about a week ago it stopped. Paired it again using the sonos app and it works for about a second but as soon as the sonos app closes it stops. Same with my Samsung remote. Now sometimes it doesn’t pair. What happened? This is super annoying. Also, there’s no way to contact support just community. Is there anyone who can help with this? 

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 20 December 2020, 17:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ygggg

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out to us and for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information.

Your Apple TV remote should automatically learn how to control your TV’s volume without any additional configuration. If you already set up your Sonos home theater product to use your TV’s remote, then your Apple TV remote should control Sonos. If the Apple TV remote doesn’t control Sonos volume but your TV’s primary remote does, go through the steps in the help section of Apple’s support article to verify that your Apple TV remote is programmed and that your TV’s HDMI-CEC setting is turned on.

Are you using a Samsung One remote or an F-series remote? You may follow the steps in the following articles on how you can set up your Samsung remote control.

Our phone support team is closed during weekends but you may reach them from Monday through Friday, 10 am - 7 pm EST. Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

Thank you. It seems to be working now. I have to be sure to point the Apple TV remote at the Playbar. I’ll add to this reply if it is unresponsive again.