Answered

New Sonos Move problems

• 25 August 2021
  • 3 replies

I got a new Sonos Move yesterday and I am having some issues with it. First, there was no green LED when powered on, so I needed to reset it first. Does that mean it was already used? It seems it was packaged ok. Battery was on 8% taken out of the box (checked over bluetooth). I managed to connect it to Sonos app, but the WIFI connection drops so frequently its unusable. I do have both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz WIFI on the same SSID and dont have any issues with other connected devices (TV, laptops, phones...). Should I bring it back to the store?

Thanks for help,

Jaxak

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 25 August 2021, 09:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I set different ssid for 2.4 and 5 just so i could be sure the Move uses the 2.4 which was better for me, your mileage may vary. 

Thanks bockersjv, will try with only 2.4 first.

I separated my WiFi to 2.4 and 5GHz and moved my iPhone to 5GHz SSID and the speaker is on 2.4. Now it works great! But… the touch controls are not working (enabled by the app). They did work before at some point.