New Sonance In-Ceiling Speakers

• 6 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

So just received an email that new Sonance in-wall speakers are coming soon. When I clicked on it it said 8” were “new”. I thought they always had 8” round speakers. Is this is or is their more? I am looking for a set of rear in ceiling speakers for my Arc/Sub 3 set up (no option to put stands and speakers in the back. Hoping for something that incorporates Atmos into the new speaker set up. What is the news?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Jeffrey_35 

8inch / 203mm is the new one. 
Before there only was the 6inch / 152mm in ceiling speaker. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Jeffrey_35 

PS: For best atmos sound there’s only the Era300 available. The Era100 also is dedicated as a atmos enabled rear speaker, but with limited technology (virtualization for 2 of 3 rear channels). 

All other compatible speakers can be used in an atmos setup as rears, but do not offer separated rear channel playback. 

To be clear, the new 8” woofers are available in the ceiling (round) speakers.  The in wall (rectangle) speakers are still 6” woofers only.    You could, of course, put these speakers anywhere you want. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Didn’t see it in specs but does anyone have a max room recommendation for the 6” vs the 8”. Really just support the great room theater setup for rears with Atmos,  probably won’t be used as individual speakers separate from atc/sub as i have a Move in the kitchen/dining area as well (1 big area). 

You may want to reach out to Sonance directly.