Skip to main content

new EE hub does not see sonos S1 port

Hi @michael2412, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues connecting to your new router, I’d recommend following the steps listed in our support article for Connecting Sonos to a new Router or Wi-Fi network. The S1 steps are as follows:

1. Open the Sonos S1 Controller app and wait while it searches for your Sonos system.
  2. When you see the message "Unable to connect to Sonos," select Learn More.
  3. Select Changed router or Wi-Fi settings?
  4. Follow the instructions to connect Sonos to your new router or WiFi network.

If you still aren’t able to connect after doing the above steps, then I’d recommend trying to temporarily wire your Sonos Port to your router to see if it shows up in the app and, if it does, swap to a wireless system after. 

I know that BT and EE can have Wi-Fi association failures when using the new Smart Hub and Wi-Fi discs, so I’d need more information regarding your network. If you can provide your routers make and model, and information on any additional networking equipment (switches, access points, powerline extenders, etc), then I can help with providing details or network settings you can adjust to get your system running again.

I hope the steps above resolve this for you, but if not, please let me know!

Maybe it’s the WiFi type.  Are there issues with WiFi 6 & 7?  Are older Sonos devices - controllers compatible with WiFi 6 & 7?  Can the EE Hub broadcast more traditional WiFi types?