Skip to main content
Question

new app unreliable

• 8 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Since the latest Sonos app I’ve been having lots of trouble with my system which has for the last 8-9 years been really very reliable. Now it consistently struggles to play music on my 2-off Connects.

it shows connected but most times I try to play anything I just see a message ‘unable to connect please try again later’. The new app is so laggy and clunky, really, what was wrong with the old app 🙄

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Check you are on the very latest version of the app.

Ensure you have updated the system firmware subsequent to the latest app version.

Turn off the speakers at the wall. Turn off the router. Reboot the router. Once done, turn on the speakers.

Userlevel 1

This situation is absolutely ridiculous. Update the app and everything stops working. At best, I've had intermittent function ever since, now it just doesn't work. I'm sorry, but unplugging everything, rebooting routers, done it so many times in last few weeks and it makes no difference. I actually just wanted to listen to some music whilst getting ready to go out. I really am not going through it all again. The new app is completely broken, the whole world knows that.

Userlevel 1

Another problem I have is that I start the app. Initially says there is no system connected. After about 5 mins it suddenly connects. All controls are lagging by 10 - 20 s, eventually music starts playing, then I get a message "something went wrong". It then tells me that it cannot detect any sonos products, despite the fact that music is actually playing. I now can't turn if off!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@StuMacWil 

Did you update the app to install Tuesday’s update?

Userlevel 1

Yes...I updated this AM to be sure I had latest version. Not much difference, when it is working long latency and loses connection with system almost straight away. Hopefully issues will be resolved eventually....