Question

New Amp - Orange / White flashing error after few minutes of use

• 10 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi folks,

New Sonos user here, and have to say I am heartbroken. Last night, took my brand new amp out of the box, connected it using speaker wire to my Audioengine HDP6 speakers with 14/2 speaker wire (in box banana plugs for the amp and binding posts for the speakers), and HDMI cable to a Samsung TV and within a few minutes of playing music/ TV (time was variable) sound cut out and the orange / white flashing light appeared. Went through troubleshooting with each speaker, error / same lights continued, and again, with no speakers attached, same flashing lights happened again. Moved the amp to a different location, and it seemed to work just fine for ~2 hours via the TV, went to bed, thinking I had solved the mysterious problem. This morning, tried to play some tunes, and the orange/white light appeared again.

I am stumped as to what could be causing this, other than an internal amp error (per help articles). Solution is to contact customer service but I work a pretty demanding job during the week so it will be hard to squeeze in. I spent a while saving up for and piecing this system together, a few weeks waiting for the backordered amp to ship, and now I am questioning whether I made a mistake on my end, or if Sonos was the right brand to go with.
Anyone else had similar issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @rsbears19, thank you for reaching us and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the steps that you did. I do understand how you feel right now, let me help and try to figure this out.

I’ll be asking questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Do you get the orange/white light when your Sonos Amp is connected to your WiFi or even wired to your router?
2. Do you get the orange/white light while watching the TV or when you start playing music? 

I would like to suggest the following steps to check if this would help out.

Before you proceed, please submit a diagnostic report to get a snapshot of your system.

• Step 1:
    • Power off your Sonos Amp.
    • Disconnect the left and right speakers.
    • Power it back on and observe if the orange/white light will appear.
    • Open the Sonos app if you see your Sonos Amp and submit a diagnostic.
  • Step 2:
    • Power off your Sonos Amp.
    • Reconnect the left and right speakers.
    • Power it back on and observe if the orange/white light will appear.
    • Open the Sonos app if you see your Sonos Amp and submit a diagnostic.

Please provide the confirmation number of the diagnostic reports for us to compare and to see what's going on with your Sonos Amp to further help you with this.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

@rsbears19 having the same exact issue, just bought my 2 amps for two zones and already have Play ones all connected in the app.  When I sync them all all or get to a half the volume they crash and I get the orange and white light 

@Rowena B. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Pat Colavito, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. 

Have you tried performing the steps provided in this thread? Please follow the steps and let us know what happened.

Kindly provide us the confirmation number of the diagnostic reports for us to check what's happening with your Amp.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.