Skip to main content

Hi there. We have been using Sonos for well over 10 years. We had an issue a while back, but it only occurred when we ethernet plug in additional Sonos Connect units (the older ones, not for S2). We currently have one Sonos Connect ethernet plugged in and it is fine; no issues. We have a total of 3 with the other 2 connected wirelessly. A while back I decided to try to plug in one of the other Connect units from one room and it immediately created a network storm. I just unplugged it and went back to wireless and all was fine. Fast forward to today and I tried the other Connect in a different room...same result...network storm. No issue with other devices plugged in (PC, laptops, printers, etc.). Why is this storm occurring with the other 2 Connect units and NOT with the one that was originally used to make the system years ago (it was the only unit at the time)? Again, the ONLY TIME the network storm occurs is when we try to plug in either of the other Connect units. Network connections have been tested with tester kits and all ok. Let me know any advice you may have. Tried different switches as well. Cheers!

My STP settings for my Netgear GS724T switch are:

If a storm occurs when two Sonos units are wired then something along the path between them is blocking STP traffic (BPDUs).

@ratty 

Any idea what this could be? I think my STP settings are fine. Maybe I’ll need to ask Sonos.