Question

Netgear Nighthawk - system dropping/product cannot be found

• 3 October 2020
  • 1 reply

We have recently switched from a Google Home mesh network to a Netgear Nighthawk system.

We previously had no issues with connectivity but as we are a long house with one, yes ONE lan point, we are reliant on a mesh network to ensure strong signal throughout our home.

Since installing this, we’ve consistently had issues with products (specifically our Move) dropping out and our system dropping out completely.

I am not suuuper make tech savvy and have seen loads of articles on setting up a central wifi point for the system but I’m a little at a loss

I’ve logged a diagnostic report with the number  935382745 and would appreciate some guidance as Australian support number isn’t operational on the weekends.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @MessicaJurphy, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us with a detailed concern and the diagnostic report. Let me help you figure out what's happening.

Upon checking the diagnostic, I can see that your Sonos Move is online but not showing in the same WiFi network (Netgear) with your Sonos Five and One. If my understanding is correct, you are currently running two WiFi routers at the same time and it's not really a recommended setup. 
If your Sonos Move is connected to the other WiFi (Google Home), you may encounter problems connecting to it. You can also view the Sonos system requirements article on our support website for more information.

Let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you.

• A sequential reboot means that we need to do this in order.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers is solid white, get back on the Sonos app. Check if you're connected and all your Sonos speakers are showing.
  • Wire one of your speakers to the router where you want your Sonos to be connected to.
    • Get back on the Sonos app. Check if you're connected and all your Sonos speakers are showing.
    • Run the Wireless setup to register your Sonos to your WiFi network
      • On the Sonos app, please go to Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup.
      • You will see your WiFi network name on the list. Select it and enter your WiFi password.

If after performing the steps above and you're still facing the same issue, please submit another diagnostic report and provide us the confirmation number. Also, if you can provide your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and how they are connected to further assist you on this.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.