Question

My Sonos System stopped working

• 17 October 2020
  • 9 replies

I have a Sonos system and it worked well before. But it stopped working. I can’t update my system. I can’t update my music library. my music won’t play; and the title of songs mysteriously appears. I tried uninstalling the Sonos system, but that didn’t help. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @wsczudlo , Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and I know where you're coming from. To further check on this issue. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

I submitted a diagnostic report--the number is 46295225. Thanks, Walter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @wsczudlo , thanks for the quick update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking the diagnostic report, You still have the Sonos Bridge. Kindly check this article about Remove a Bridge on your Sonos system. This might help if the Bridge is causing issues on your Sonos system. or also try to do a reboot of your Sonos system. Unplug the Bridge and the speakers for 1-2 minutes from the power source and plug it back in. 

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

Hi Simon, I rebooted the system and reworked the (4 unchecked and 1 checked boxes) norton 360. It still didn’t work. Thanks, Walter

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @wsczudlo , thanks for the update. So if this is on a PC controller which is not working properly, there may be some things that need to be checked on the settings. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may ask for remote access with the PC controller device to check what could be causing the issue.

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi, I tried calling your phone support team and I got some guy in Costa Rica. He told me to do all the things you said (reboot the system). I told him that didn’t work. I told him that he might have to get remote access. Then I gave him the diagnostic report number and the call got disconnected. He didn’t call back.  Help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @wsczudlo, thanks for the update and I apologize about what happened. Have you tried to call back to continue with the troubleshooting steps I checked on the notes that all is working fine already? If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.

We are always happy to assist you.

Simon, Daniela is assisting me. We tried removing the music library path and adding back again, but I got a error code 1002. The system seems screwed up. Thanks, Walter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @wsczudlo, thanks for the update. Please keep us posted on what happened and what has been advised in resolving the issue. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to let us know.