My Sonos Five has a rattle sound on certain songs.

• 2 December 2020
  • 1 reply

So I dove in and bought my first Sonos product this year and in July I picked up my Five. I have loved this speaker these past 3 months, but recently a couple of songs I’ve been listening to, I have noticed a rattling type sound, and I think it’s with certain bass frequencies. The rattle is like the casing/ housing is shaking. 
On my five, I use a flat EQ, all zeroes, I have setup the Trueplay and I prefer Loudness on.

the 2 sounds I’ve noticed it on are:

Deftones - Passenger (Mike Shinoda Remix)

Kalley - Alabaster Heart

both through the Spotify service, selected through the Sonos V2 app.

Also I don’t usually get higher than 50% on the volume, and I use the speaker alone in the horizontal position.

Anybody have a similar experience, or have suggestions to change settings? Is the thing damaged/ can it be fixed?

Really hope to fix this issue, since I have already ordered my next product, a Sonos refurbished Playbar is on the way from Beat Buy.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @Castagnola87, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Sonos system and thanks for all the information that you provided. Does it happen on other music services that you have? When did the issue start happening? I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.