Answered

music turns off

• 7 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I have my Spotify account connected to my Sonos and play background music for my dog when I leave the house. When I come home it’s off. Shouldn’t it keep playing? How do I make sure it stays on? Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 8 September 2020, 20:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @User691981.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I’d be glad to assist and try to figure this out.

Sonos devices (except the Sonos Move) are designed to stay ON while plugged into power and it don’t have a power OFF button to shut down the speaker, it only enters an idle mode when not in use.

The music should continue to play unless a command to stop/pause was prompted from the controller or after as follows:

• An alarm was set with a duration
  • The music played with a finite length (Album)
  • Some music services offer this ‘timer’ feature that you can set to stop automatically after a certain time.
  • Sonos no longer have access to the music source, or it’s no longer available for the player(s).
  • The controller shuts down or loses internet connection.

It’s best if you can submit a diagnostic report the next time it happens, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and look at the logs/data, it can help us identify what causes to stop the music.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Pandora (outside of Sonos, at least) will stop playing after a while if there’s no interaction. Perhaps Spotify does this too.
(You may have to teach your dog to press the heart from time to time….) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ann lewis.

Thanks for your response.

I suggest that it might be best to verify with Spotify if they have that said feature and how to set it up with your preference(if possible).

Let us know if you have additional questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

Cheers!

Maybe the dog doesn't like this music and turns it off? :grin:

I think the problem is Spotify, check the playback settings. By the way, I found a program for transferring music, which helped a lot when I bought Sonos, but unfortunately you can only use it for free on the first day.

Maybe the dog doesn't like this music and turns it off? =))

I think the problem is Spotify, check the playback settings. By the way, I found a program for transferring music, which helped a lot when I bought Sonos, but unfortunately you can only use it for free on the first day.