Answered

Music stops playing from one speaker my stereo pair every couple of minutes and the others sound low/muffled

• 7 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi there

I have Sonos play 5 speakers ( first generation I think) in a pair with a sub. They are all operated wirelessly, but I have a bridge plugged directly into my network with Ethernet. All have been working fine for several years now, but recently I have begun having issues with the stereo pair and sub. They play fine for five minutes or so, but then the sound from one speaker drops out entirely and the others are low and muffled. After about ten seconds or so everything starts playing fine again. It’s quite annoying. I have a tp-link AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 router running both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. The speakers are less than 10m away from my router and bridge with no walls between them.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 August 2022, 10:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Not sure this can be caused by the Bridge failing, but you could try switching to wifi.

Sonos warns against using the Bridge, since it’s power adaptor can fail due to aging.

Thanks for the suggestion. I removed the bridge and am now just running through wi-fi. The issue remains unfortunately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @User622097 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Thank you.