Skip to main content

I have a Sonos Connect attached to a Sony receiver in my garage for my outdoor speakers.  I also have 5 other Sonos speakers in different rooms throughout the house.  Nothing has changed with the placement of these speakers or my wireless router for several years.  About 3 months ago whenever the Connect is being used for music playback the music intermittently cuts out.  There can be times where it is cutting out so often we can’t even use Sonos.  Other times it is very seldom and other times we can play music for 3 hours uninterrupted.  This happens when we are using the connect individually or grouped with one or more speakers.  We never have music cut out when using the other speakers without the Connect in the group.  Any ideas of what could be causing this?   

A new source of wireless interference is the most likely cause. Do any of the Sonos units have a wired network connection? If so try changing the SonosNet channel.  

Also see 

None of the Sonos units are hardwired.  There has not been any new wireless devices added to my network.  It is just my wife and I.  The closest neighbor is 125 ft from the Sonos Connect unit that is having issues.  

You’d better submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of a dropout, note the number, and contact Sonos Support.