Skip to main content

Regardless of the service (Spotify or Amazon Music), I find that music will play for no more than 5 seconds, and then cut out.

My router is an Eero.

I have a Beam/Sub/(2)Play One SL in the master bedroom, and a Play:5 Gen 2 in the adjoining master bath.

I love Sonos when it works, and would like to add it throughout my home; however, it’s hard to justify the cost when it doesn’t always work.

Sometimes, the surround system in the master bedroom doesn’t show up in the app at all, and the only way I can get music to play is through Airplay in the Spotify app, and this cuts out sometimes, as well.

The main Eero station is connected to my router in the master bedroom, so I don’t think range is an issue?

Please help!

Thanks~
-I3

Make sure only the router or the main Eero has DHCP enabled.

If that does not help, try wiring the Beam to the main Eero and remove wifi credentials to run the system on SonosNet. Set wifi and SonosNet to different channels 1, 6 or 11.

On my eero, I only have options under DHCP/NAT  for “automatic”, “Manual IP” or “Bridge”. 

I will say that this is the only thing I don’t like about the eero.  It works great, but it doesn’t have the standard configuration options that I am used to.

There’s no way I can keep the Beam hardwired, so this isn’t practical unfortunately.

Then set Eero to “Bridge” and let your router handle DHCP, and disable wifi on the router.

The router is the Eero.

But you wrote “The main Eero station is connected to my router”...

True.  Modem>router is what I meant.