Answered

multiple ports

• 1 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Can I have 2 different Ports connected to two different receivers and audio equipment in two different areas of my place ?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 1 November 2023, 06:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

I assume you are trying to convey that you have two receivers and you would like to connect a Sonos Port to each. That’s possible.

Not sure what you mean by “audio equipment in two different areas”? What equipmenmt?

FYI, the Sonos Port is used to:

• Send audio to other Sonos speakers from a receiver’s connected source such as a Turntable or CD player.
  • Send audio from a turn table with built-in pre-amp to other Sonos speakers
  • Send audio from a turn table with a separate pre-amp between it and the Port to Sonos speakers
  • Send audio from a Sonos controller (phone/tablet) to a receivers’s wired speakers
  • Send audio from a Sonos controller (phone/tablet) to powered speakers connected to the Sonos Port 

Having said the above ...just what are you trying to accomplish?

I have two different old school receivers and turntables . Currently I have one set up and was wondering if I added a port to the other one would it work.

sounds like the answer is yes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It will work fine, had that setup here with the older Connects.

Since I had tape jacks I used them to connect the Connect instead of one of the other inputs.

Using the digital out is also an option, you could even convert it to TOS if you didn’t have a coax input.