Answered

Multi-room Audio Sync with Sonos Port

• 12 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I just bought a Port to plug into my receiver in my office via coaxial digital.  I also have a stereo pair of Symfonisk bookshelf speakers, a Roam, and an Era 100.  I have noticed that when I try to group them all together, only the Port is slightly out of sync with the other devices.  I have to go into the audio delay on the receiver to adjust the lip sync delay to about 3 to 4 milliseconds in order to get the audio close.  Is there a way to adjust the sync from the Sonos app so I don’t have to keep readjusting the receiver?

The Port and one of the Symfonisk speakers are plugged in via Ethernet.  Everything else is connected via Wi-Fi.

icon

Best answer by Skweezb0x 16 May 2023, 13:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Skweezb0x 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This is interesting. Normally, I would expect it to be possible that the sound heard from your receiver would be behind that played by your Sonos speakers due to a delay introduced by your receiver while it processes the sound, but your report suggests that the Port is playing in advance of the other speakers and you have to induce additional delay to keep them all in sync - certainly not what we’d expect.

With Port playing, please submit a support diagnostic and reply here with the number given. Thank you.

Then, if you don’t mind and if you have the correct cables, please connect your Port to your receiver using the analogue (Left & Right RCA) connections instead of the digital output and compare results - with the receiver's delay set to 0, is it now in sync with the other Sonos players? Please also submit another diagnostic with Port playing through analogue. Thanks.

It actually was playing behind not ahead.  I turned on direct mode to get rid of the processing and it synced up.  I just haven’t had time to update this thread.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Skweezb0x 

It actually was playing behind not ahead.  I turned on direct mode to get rid of the processing and it synced up.  I just haven’t had time to update this thread.

Understood. In that case, it is expected, and you’ve already found the fix I would have suggested. Thanks for the update!