Move not going into sleep mode

• 15 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I have a Move and from what I can remember this used to go into sleep after 30 minutes however it no longer seems to be.the case.

Previously I was able to go for a week without having to charge and now it needs charging everyday because it's not going into sleep mode and therefore running out of battery. 

It will go into sleep when I push the button on the back but this is the automatic sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity that I need. 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @Baglewil.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me check it for you.

Generally, to put Sonos Move into sleep mode, like what you are doing you need to press and release the power button located on the back. 

Hence, upon doing research I’ve found this relevant thread and it describes the different ways that will trigger the Move to woke up, here’s the link for more details.

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/move-standby-question-6830346\

I hope it helps, if you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.

Thanks but you have misunderstood the question. I know how to manually put it into standby. 

The move is not going into auto standby anymore, so will stay on all night and be out of battery in the morning for example. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @Baglewil.

Thanks for your response and sorry for the delayed reply.

Due to the nature of this issue, it’s best to reach out to Sonos Support by giving us a phone call so we can continue working through this in real-time to expedite the process. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case. 

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

@Baglewil, did you get this resolved?  I had the exact same issue.  Turns out the culprit (for me) was using Google Assistant.  For whatever reason, Alexa allows the Move to go into standby/sleep but Google Assistant keeps it permanently on.  Once I switched back to Alexa, the speaker functioned as intended.  Hopefully this is something Sonos and Google can resolve soon.  

Thanks @JSeegs and no I haven't had it resolved yet so will give that a try thanks for the advice! Did you switch it off completely or just the microphone on the move itself? I'd be reluctant to switch from Google to Alexa across the board but could do without it on the move if it meant it wasn't always out of battery!

Yeah, you would either need to switch to Alexa or delete Google Assistant. If you just disable the microphone, I think the battery will still drain as the device will still be linked to Google Assistant and won’t go into sleep mode. 

@Baglewil, did you get this resolved?  I had the exact same issue.  Turns out the culprit (for me) was using Google Assistant.  For whatever reason, Alexa allows the Move to go into standby/sleep but Google Assistant keeps it permanently on.  Once I switched back to Alexa, the speaker functioned as intended.  Hopefully this is something Sonos and Google can resolve soon.  

OMG, thank you for posting this. I thought I was losing my mind. I disabled Google, and now everything is working as it should.