Skip to main content
Answered

Memory Stick to HDMI port on Sonos Amp

• 15 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to play music on a memory stick plugged into the HDMI port on the back of the Sonos Amp?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I wouldn’t think so. First, I’m not aware of any memory sticks that fit in an HDMI port. Second, the Sonos is looking for an incoming ARC signal, it has no capability of ‘reading’ anything other than what it is handed. 

I did find on Amazon adapter pieces that would let me connect 

the memory sticks to the HDMI port. However it sounds like the signal from the stick would be non-existent. am I correct? 

I’d think so. I’m confident that the signal being sent wouldn’t be an ARC signal. Nor does the Sonos have an operating system that could interface with any memory that is connected via HDMI in any case. 

HDMI is usually a video connection, not a memory access kind of thing. I’d actually be interested in this adapter device that you’ve found….and see what they said about what it could actually connect to with an HDMI port to a memory device. It’s just a foreign concept, at least to me. I don’t know what device has the ability to reach out via HDMI to access a memory device. 

I did not pursue this anymore. The connectors I found were on the Amazon site, I never actually got them or tried to install them. It just looked like it would all fit. Your coaching has been very helpful. Thanks

Lorin