Lost Apple Music after upgrade

• 7 November 2020
  • 10 replies

you put out an upgrade and I have now lost my apple music. I have tried to reconfigure and gone down so many wormholes and wasted so much time I am about to bin the Sonos experience. I have just removed both Sonos 1 and sonos 2 apps to and I will re load them on my Iphone. It tells me my bridge needs rebooting - which I have done. It asks me to remove Sonos 1 applications which it wont allow me to do……...its never ending.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Your question does not completely make sense to me. Your profile says you own a Play:5 (Gen 1). This speaker and the Bridge you mention cannot be upgraded to S2 software, so I have to conclude no upgrade has taken place. Since you only own a speaker that is on S1 software, there’s no need for the S2 app (now called the Sonos app) on your phone.

I do not know what prevents you from uninstalling the S1 app (??) from your phone, but please do not do this, since you still need it.

Sonos advises not to use the Bridge anymore. It uses a less stable version of Sonosnet and its power adaptor can become unstable which leads to connection glitches.

To conclude I’d advise you to use the S1 app to set up your speaker without the Bridge, maybe temporarily connect your speaker by cable and put it on your wifi network. If this does not work well you could try contacting Sonos for an offer on a Sonos Boost.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

By the way: asking the same question twice does not help; https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/upgrade-going-nowehere-6850423

Maybe we could put all answers here, so not to fragment them.

Thank you for coming back to me. This is driving me nuts. ok so I actually have a Gen 1 Sonos Play 3. During the upgrade I had S2 app installed on my iphone but apple music went. One recommendationwas to remove S1 platform as the two were not compatible. The S2 app now tells me the bridge is incompatible, but everytime I try to upgrade or remove it via the app you send me to your website to purchase more hardware….which drives me even more nuts. So do I re-install the s1 platform? Remove the bridge?…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sorry, a typo on my side made you answer here instead of on the other thread. Sall we go on over there as I meant to suggest? I’ll try to copy your answer to the other thread.

Edit: please disregard this message

go where? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I do not work for Sonos, so it is not “my website”. The Play 3 (which to my knowledge only has one generation) is S2 capable, so we’ll assume for now your Play 3 is upgraded to S2. Have you disconnected the Bridge from power? If you have done so try to set up the Play 3 on your wifi network. It probably is best to temporarily connect the speaker by cable to your router.

play 3 connected to router and working. where next to get Apple music back on S2? And I assume the play 3 will work over the wifi without the bridge?

all worked fine and I managed to re-install Apple music. Then I disconnected from the router and returned the play 3 to the kitchen. The Bridge still unplugged and now it wont work. Wifi network is strong in the kitchen. Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It seems we’re halfway there. Did you put in the wifi credentials when the Play 3 was connected by cable? https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=nl_NL (page should revert to english when you open it).

Just as a note, the BRIDGE is not S2 capable, so it needs to stay disconnected.