Losing Spotify

• 21 October 2020
  • 10 replies

If I play Spotify via Sonos after a few minutes the connection will be lost. Playing via Spotify directly and choosing my Sonos speakers plays fine. 
All updates have been applied. I have sent a Sonos diagnostic report. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Having said it plays fine through Spotify to the Sonos speakers I now note the same is happening!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AGillett.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community. I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

f. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

If you can hardwire one of the Sonos speakers directly to the modem or router using ethernet cable that would be best.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I can confirm that the requested settings were set except I’ve changed the bandwidth specifically to 20MHz. There is no Airtime fairness to set. It is already set to channel 6. Neither speaker are close enough to hardwire permanently. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AGillett.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

This might be a network issue so let me check your network then.

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

I’d also be tempted to do a network refresh after getting the diagnostic report, by unplugging all Sonos devices,

then rebooting the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks. The confirmation number is 1406552621

I’ll unplug and reboot the router and let you know. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AGillett.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I notice on the diagnostic the wifi channel is under wifi channel 4.

Kindly check the auto channel must be set to Off.

And choose the best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11).

That’s odd. When I checked on the Vodafone router app it states channel 6 is selected and auto was not set as on. I’ll check again though. Thanks 

I’ve just checked with NetSpot wireless survey app and it shows the router is set to channel 6 so I don’t know why your diagnostics say channel 4?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @AGillett.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

That's odd, If you want you can try to contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I’m not sure why the router should be the issue and what are the router manufacturer going to say! Sonos seems to have a reputation for having connection issues. My router and WiFi software indicate that it is set to channel 6 so I’m not sure why your diagnostics state otherwise?