Answered

Line-In on Connect no longer working

• 4 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

the line-in on my Connect (Gen 2 I think?) does not work any more. I tried restarting the device, I tried about half a dozen different cables with three different connected devices, nothing will make the Connect realize there’s something… connected.

Not sure when it stopped working, I don’t use the line-in that often, but it certainly still worked a few weeks ago.

According to the app everything is up-to-date.

Any ideas?

Dirk

icon

Best answer by Rowena B. 5 January 2021, 20:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Dirk1234

Welcome to the Sonos Community. Thanks for reaching out to us and sharing with us what you have already performed.

To help you check why the line-in on your Sonos Connect no longer works, allow me to ask a few questions.

• What type of device is the line-in audio source? (CD player, turntable, AV receiver, etc.)
  • Any changes in the input/channel of the receiver/amplifier? 
  • Have you checked the volume of the input source?
  • When you go to Browse in the Sonos app and select Line-in, did you get audio?
  • Is Autoplay settings enabled in the Sonos app to automatically play Line-in audio?

Please let us know how you get on with the questions above and then run a diagnostic report from your Sonos system. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. 

If you have any questions about this, do not hesitate to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.

• What type of device is the line-in audio source? (CD player, turntable, AV receiver, etc.)
  • Any changes in the input/channel of the receiver/amplifier? 
  • Have you checked the volume of the input source?
  • When you go to Browse in the Sonos app and select Line-in, did you get audio?
  • Is Autoplay settings enabled in the Sonos app to automatically play Line-in audio?

I tried two different phones (S8 & S5 as well as a standalone bluetooth audio receiver - a new device I specifically bought for this and how I found out it doesn’t work).

No changes on the output.

I can not select line-in because according to the app it’s “disconnected” and all functions related to it are greyed out, including the auto-play.

Diagnostic report is 1957563181.

Dirk

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Dirk1234

Thanks for your response and for submitting the diagnostic. Upon checking on the report, the line-in was not detected on your Sonos Connect.

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting and see if it works for you. Please follow the steps to check the audio on your Sonos device.

1. Insert both ends of an RCA cable into the Analog Out and Analog Line In ports on the Sonos Connect.
    • Note: It's important to verify that the RCA cable is working properly. If available, test with two separate pairs of RCA cables.
  2. In the Sonos app, select any music to play in the Room. You will not hear any audio yet.
  3. Check on the Sonos app if the line-in is still disconnected. Force close the Sonos app from your Android device.
  4. Submit another diagnostic and note the confirmation number.

​Let us know if you have further questions and we'll be glad to assist you. 

Done.

No dice :(

Diagnostic number: 2126675983

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Dirk1234, thank you for your response and for submitting another diagnostic. Based on the report, line-in still not detected on your Sonos Connect. I really appreciate your time and your effort in working with me to resolve the issue. At this point, I recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help out.