Question

LG CX with SONOS ARC and XBOX series X loud buzz

• 26 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

Whenever I switch from a tv app like Netflix or Amazon prime, and I load up the XBox and launch a game, there is an extremely loud chirp/buzz noise that disappears.  It does not happen every time.

I have the Arc connected to the hdmi 2 eArc port.

Tv settings are Sound out set to HDMI Arc, bitstream, and passthrough.

also my sub gen 3 has a constant low level chirping noise when no sound is being played.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I would certainly try a different HDMI cable connection between the XBox and TV.

I would also perhaps check the LG TV Settings and look under the ‘Picture’ (yes, picture!!) settings and see if you have settings entitled to ‘HDMI HD Deep Colour’ and ‘Instant Game Response’ or similar, and try toggling those settings off/on, on the XBox HDMI port connection, to see if those settings make any difference.

Note to change such settings you will ‘likely’ have to first switch the TV input HDMI port for the Xbox, otherwise the settings may be inactive/unavailable to adjust.

The other thing is to maybe also try a different HDMI cable between the Arc and the TV.