Answered

just set up a port and am getting static through my speakers

• 28 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I just installed a port on my stereo. It was working fine but suddenly I am getting a noise almost like a speaker is blown. But, the volume was  low and when I switched to my CD player it sounds perfect

icon

Best answer by Corry P 30 May 2023, 13:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dsand31786 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try a reboot of your Port - just unplug it from power for a moment - and test once more.

If you have another device that you can connect to the same input that the Port is connected to, I recommend testing that to compare results.

If you were using the digital output on the Port, please try using the analogue outputs instead - is there a difference?

Finally, if you have an alternative cable you can try, please do so.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry. I have rebooted it multiple times. I have moved it to different ports and then put it into the CD port because it works fine. I changed out the cables. This is replacing a connect that I used wireless. When it wasn’t working, I reran my ethernet and plugged it in. I plugged it into another receiver I have. UPDATE. I got it working for a little bit and then it just quit which made me think wifi coverage but it sits right next to my TV that is streaming with no issues and now connected to ethernet

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dsand31786 

If it works properly for a moment and then stops, it may just be a fault with the Port, unfortunately.

You can try a factory reset of the Port, but as it’s the only unit on the system, please be aware that this will erase any Sonos favourites, playlists, and preferences you have stored. Once done, you’ll need to set up a new system in the app.

If this does not fix the issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.