Question

Issues with 12.1?

Badge

Ive had really horrible performance on the latest updates. Song titles don’t update, grouping/volume doesn’t update or is very slow, etc. I rebooted the network per a support sessions with Sonia and rebooted my units and reinstalled the app today. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @N15663.

Thanks for reaching out, let me help and try to figure this out.

I appreciate that you already tried to uninstall and re-install the app, have you tried to check for updates from a different controller?

Are you experiencing the same issues using a different controller?

I’d recommend a refresh of your local network:

• Unplug all your Sonos devices. Reboot your router.
  • Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up, then plug back in your Sonos devices.
  • Give them a couple of minutes to reboot and reconnect as well, then test. 

If the above advice was followed and issues persist, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when an issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Badge

I am seeing the same things with a different controller.

I’ll try the steps you suggested later on. Need the network right now!

Thanks!

Badge

Rebooted the network and all the Sonos devices. Performance seems better in terms of grouping, etc, but SiriusXM song titles still aren’t refreshing. I tried deleting and re-adding the SiriusXM service but that didn’t work. 

diagnostics: 1042976116

I am having the exact same issue.  Any solution yet?

Badge

Nothing yet but I suspect they won’t look at the diagnostics until tomorrow. I guess I’m glad I’m not the only one. :-)

Most of these type of issues are due to either wifi interference or a duplicate IP address issue exposed when Sonos reboots their speakers during the software update process.

Beyond reading the linked FAQ, many people achieve resolution by performing a simple network refresh of their Sonos, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting their router. Once the router comes back up, plug the Sonos devices back in.  

Badge

Did that twice. Doesn’t explain why Sirius titles aren’t refreshing (other devices are). Also ran for months with this network setup with no issues. The only variable is the new SW. 

Agreed.  This issue started with me last week.  I’ll keep my eye on this thread.  Hopefully a solution will come soon.  

Please repost in this thread once they get back to you tomorrow after reviewing your diagnostics.  Luckily, the music is still playing as expected in all of my Sonos Zones.  It’s just very frustrating that the songs are not properly refreshing and updating.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Thanks to @Airgetlam for helping out.

Hi @N15663 and @RobSpike100

I appreciate your patience on this. 

Upon checking the diagnostic report that @N15663 submitted, @Airgetlam is right, the system detected wireless interference on one or more Sonos components running on your network.

I see that there was also a home channel mismatch between the players which is not good because ideally, Sonos' performance will be best if they are on the same channel.

I suggest checking this article that will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products. 

NOTE: Ensure that Sonos is not set to the same channel as the router since this can add to wireless interference. 

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number, so I can check if interference has been reduced.

I would also need to check your network set up and how Sonos is running on your system and see if there’s any known issue on the network device(s).

• May I have the make and model number of any wireless router and/or Access Point that exist on the network?

• Please indicate also how these devices are connected to one another (wired or wireless).

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.

Badge

I’m going to call in because I think this is too much to iterate via the community, but I appreciate your reply.

What about the Sonos titles not updating though? That seems to be an issue others are having and I wouldn’t expect wireless interference to cause that.

Badge

For the benefit of the others, the channel mismatch is because I primarily run Sonosnet but have a Move which works on standard Wifi. 

I powered off the Move for debugging and now things seem to be working properly, including the SiriusXM title updates. Hard to say if the two are related or if it’s a coincidence but I’ll try to do more debugging later on. For now I’m happy that things are working as expected.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @N15663.

Thanks for your immediate response and I appreciate your effort in working through this.

It’s good to know that it seems to be working properly now.

If in case the problem re-occurs, it would be best to reach out to Sonos Support and work with a technician live to expedite the process, they'll start with checking your system health and go from there. They have resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the computer/controller to see what's going on.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let us know, we’re always here to help.

All the best!