Issues drop in service from Sonos Symfonisk in Sonos Cluster using Aruba Instant

• 13 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Having issue with music service from Spotify keeps dropping and hard to initialise to play.

Have Sonos ConnectAmp, Sonos 3 and 5 with two new Symfonisk.

One symfonisk is more difficult than the other, this keeps me thinking if this is a HW issue rater than SW issue.

Wifi coverage is good with Aruba Instant. 

Sometimes the app opens on iPhone with only Sonos Connect:Amp as choice.

Sonos Case ID = 509267816 and 394517229

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @lamcat

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us with your concern. Let me help you with this.

Upon checking, the diagnostic reports that you submitted were both incomplete and I won't be able to check why your Spotify keeps dropping off. This means that your Sonos system is unable to communicate to the Sonos server.

Please follow the suggested troubleshooting steps and see if it works for you.

A Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
1. Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
2. Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
3. Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
4. When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
5. Test playback from your Spotify music and observe.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above and run a diagnostic report. Kindly include the confirmation number in your response for us to check. If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Hello,

Did the proposed and it seems to be working. Only for 3-5 hours so difficult to say if this is fixing the issue. 

did send in report nr 548708363

maybe something of interest there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @lamcat

Thanks for your response and for submitting the diagnostic report. Let me help you out with this.

Based on the diagnostic, wireless interference was detected in your SonosNet mode and it's caused by poor wireless conditions. 
Also, the report shows audio dropout due to sync errors, an audio playback failure due to not enough bandwidth, and a faulty ethernet cable on bathroom speakers. These could be the reason why you're experiencing audio issues.

At this point, I'd recommend contacting our phone support team with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. The Sonos Community is always here to help.