Skip to main content
Question

Is the Connect Amp Sub Output broken?

• 23 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hey all, 

Got a strange issue with my Gen 2 Connect Amp - I'm trying to plug in a powered subwoofer into the subwoofer output port on the amp, however it doesn't seem to be working. When I plug it in with music playing, the amp will dip the main speakers for a second and the sub will start playing, then it cuts off again and the sub output goes quiet. I also can't see any sub adjustments on the product page in the sonos app.

Any ideas? Anyone else seen this? I have tried multiple amps with multiple cables and they all exhibit the same issue. 

4 replies

I don’t have an Amp, so this is theoretical, but what are you using the Amp for? When the Amp is set up for surround duty, for instance, the sub output is supposed to be off. I’m a little surprised you’re getting anything out of it at all, if that’s the case, even for a second. 

Have you tried to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The amp is powering a pair of speakers and a sub connected via RCA cable. It’s running independently of any other equipment, and therefore isn’t set as a surround.

RE: Support - The call waiting time for support in the UK is 75 minutes. I do not have almost an hour and a half to waste on hold. The live chat also doesn’t work in the UK.

Then I agree it should be working. Unfortunately, we in this community have no ability to read diagnostics, nor to offer replacements, discounts, or other hardware remedies. 

The amp is powering a pair of speakers and a sub connected via RCA cable. It’s running independently of any other equipment, and therefore isn’t set as a surround.

RE: Support - The call waiting time for support in the UK is 75 minutes. I do not have almost an hour and a half to waste on hold. The live chat also doesn’t work in the UK.

There have been ongoing issues with Amps and the sub controls. For a while I did not get any output, no levels or phase control in the app. But the latest app update (on iOS anyways), has  the sub controls back and seems to be working.  
if you are running the new app, make sure you are on the latest firmware and latest app. If you are, try deleting the app and if you have any ad blocking like a pihole temporarily disable while you reinstall.