Answered

Is a minimum system possible with Port and two One's?

Badge +1

Is it possible to listen to Apple Music with a set of Port and 2 One’s only?  

icon

Best answer by Kumar 6 May 2024, 12:56

View original

6 replies

Of course, and even with just the one One. But not with one Port.

Badge +1

Of course, and even with just the one One. But not with one Port.

Thank you.  Just to clarify, you didn’t mean I need two Port’s, did you?

No no! The Port has no speaker in it, so one or more can’t do anything on their own. With a One or One pair, you don’t need a Port.

Badge +1

No no! The Port has no speaker in it, so one or more can’t do anything on their own. With a One or One pair, you don’t need a Port.

I own Port, and so I know it does not have any speaker in it, but you reminded me about using a smartphone!  Currently I use my iPhone just as a remote controller for a system with Port, non-Sonos amplifier and non-sonos speakers.

I own Port, and so I know it does not have any speaker in it, but you reminded me about using a smartphone!  Currently I use my iPhone just as a remote controller for a system with Port, non-Sonos amplifier and non-sonos speakers.

So given the above, I’m not sure what your original question was getting at.  Where you asking specifically about setting up Apple music?  You can set that up that and any other service with your Port alone.  Or use airplay.   Were you asking whether a Port and Ones can be in the same home system?  Yes.  They will be setup as separate rooms in Sonos, but they can be grouped together to play the same content, or play different content.

Badge +1

So given the above, I’m not sure what your original question was getting at.  Where you asking specifically about setting up Apple music?  You can set that up that and any other service with your Port alone.  Or use airplay.   Were you asking whether a Port and Ones can be in the same home system?  Yes.  They will be setup as separate rooms in Sonos, but they can be grouped together to play the same content, or play different content.

So I was asking a wrong question :)