Inconsistency with Trueplay since 14.18 update

• 22 October 2022
  • 3 replies

I've noticed some inconsistencies with Trueplay on my system (Beam Gen 1 with a Sub Mini and two Gen 2 Ones as surrounds) since the latest update. In particular, starting with Trueplay turned on and then turning it off and back on results in better sound quality even though Trueplay is on in both cases.

In more detail, I performed a Trueplay calibration after the latest update (14.18). Now when I stream music (using Amazon Music) the surrounds are very loud and the sub is very quiet with Trueplay on. However, turning Trueplay off and then back on while the song is playing temporarily fixes this and gives a much more balanced sound. This fix lasts until I play the next song, at which point it reverts to the unbalanced sound (until if toggle Trueplay off and on again).

This issue does not exist when watching TV as far as I can tell, so increasing the sub volume would make the sub far too loud when watching TV.

In case it helps, I have uploaded two sets of diagnostic data: the first (1642236495) is when streaming music with Trueplay on before I toggle it off and then on again, the second (565917690) is streaming the same song with Trueplay on after I have toggled it off and back on. Trueplay is on in both cases so it should sound exactly the same, but the sound is noticeably better in the second case.

I have tried repeating the Trueplay calibration with a different device but that made no difference. I have also tried power cycling all of the speakers but that did not help either.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

3 replies

I'm having very similar issues, more specifically noticeable with the balancing of the surrounds.

Have a Beam 2, symfonisk surrounds and a sub gen 2. Do Trueplay, play music through Spotify, the surrounds are unbalanced with one far louder than the other (with surround music on full). Just like the original post If I toggle Trueplay off and back on during the song it balances the surrounds properly, but this reverts back to the unbalanced sound by the next song.

Seems to be an issue with Trueplay actually applying itself to the music, the Trueplay tuning seems to work, it's just not actually changing the sound until you turn it off and on.

Hello, 

I have Beam and One SL surrounds and I have exactly the same issue. Actually I noticed it today, more than 1 week after the 14.18 update. The right surround is playing louder on the next song…If I put off and back on the trueplay the difference like day and night and immediately I can hear the more balanced sound, 
For the time being TruePlay is unusable. I am not going to toggle it on and off each and every song. 

I hope there will be some other solution and we would not have to wait until the next update.. 

Actually the issue is only when the surrounds are set to play “Full” during music. If I change them to ambient, it works fine for each song.