Answered

I have two DVD/CD players and would like to hook one of them up to my 5. I’m confused about the connectorsi—1/8 RCE and digital. What should I buy?

• 11 October 2023
  • 5 replies

There is an orange marking on the Sony input.  I know the Sonos uses 1/8 RCA but don’t know what the other end uses.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 11 October 2023, 19:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The input on a Five is analog only.  You will need an RCA to 3.5mm stereo miniplug cable.  Connect the RCA’s to the L/R outputs on the CD player, and the miniplug to the Line-In on the Five. 

The output from the CD/DVD player only has 1 port and an HDMI

If there’s just one RCA, with an orange centre, it’s digital. You’ll need a cheap digital-analog converter.

The output from the CD/DVD player only has 1 port and an HDMI

You mentioned orange.  If that is an orange RCA, it is digital coax.  You will need a digital coax to RCA analog converter (DAC).  Connect the coax side of the converter to the CD/DVD player via an RCA video cable, and the analog RCA side to the Five via an RCA to 3.5mm stereo miniplug cable.

I’m pretty sure you’re right. I think this answered my question. I’ve ordered something and we’ll see.