Answered

How to remove Boost?

• 8 March 2022
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Due to some wifi improvement I want to remove my boost. I did it by just unplugging it but then of course my devices are not recognized anymore.

It's not possible to get the system working anymore

On the forum I see that you actually need to remove a device in the app first, but I can only find these topics about a BRIDGE, and not about a BOOST.

The app doesnt have an option to remove a Boost either.

Is the best option to re-install my whole system again? And how to do that? (as the app cant find any of the devices in my system)

It was installed originally with a Boost (so wired to the routed) and the rest "wireless": 2x Play3, a playbar, a Sub and a Play1.

Thanks for advice.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 March 2022, 19:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

With the Boost wired and all your devices showing in your Sonos App, goto ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ and use the Update Networks option to add your (cAsE sEnSitIvE) 2.4Ghz WiFi (SSID/Password) to all your Sonos devices. When all are updated with the credentials, then un-cable the Boost to let all run on your WiFi network. 

With the Boost wired and all your devices showing in your Sonos App, goto ‘Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks’ and use the Update Networks option to add your (cAsE sEnSitIvE) 2.4Ghz WiFi (SSID/Password) to all your Sonos devices. When all are updated with the credentials, then un-cable the Boost to let all run on your WiFi network. 

Thanks, but still none of the devices can connect. The wifi SSID+password are still the same. I only added a TP-Link Mash network device in the house, but I wonder if that's the cause of the problem as the Sonos is still connected to the same router.

Thanks, but still none of the devices can connect. The wifi SSID+password are still the same. I only added a TP-Link Mash network device in the house, but I wonder if that's the cause of the problem as the Sonos is still connected to the same router.

If you’re using a mesh WiFi system, I would strongly suggest you use SonosNet anyway, with the router set in bridge-mode.

If you’re using a mesh WiFi system, I would strongly suggest you use SonosNet anyway, with the router set in bridge-mode.

But the mesh system took the last available power socket (instead of the Boost) so I can't put the Boost back near the router.

Wouldn't a mesh system work when install all Sonos devices all over again? (if there would be a way to delete the Boost in the setup)

But the mesh system took the last available power socket (instead of the Boost) so I can't put the Boost back near the router.

Wouldn't a mesh system work when install all Sonos devices all over again? (if there would be a way to delete the Boost in the setup)

You do not need to reset your products to add any WiFi network to your existing Sonos setup, you can add your tp-link WiFi SSID and also delete you old router WiFi settings in the network area of the App, as outlined earlier… see this support page too:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061

However, with your chosen setup, you will likely find you are better off running your devices on SonosNet. See this earlier thread from Sonos Staff in relation to running Sonos with a mesh WiFi system:

Sonos on WiFi Mesh