Answered

How to play sound from my Denon Receiver to Sonos

• 18 March 2024
  • 5 replies

I am curious if there is a way to play the sound from my Denon receiver on the Sonos system.   Example, I watch TV with Roku that plays through me Denon.  I’d prefer outputting that sound from the Denon to get better sound on the Sonos system.

I have a bunch of Era 100s.

Thanks for your expert ideas.

icon

Best answer by Schlumpf 18 March 2024, 02:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@FlyF4 

In general you are able to get sound from an analogue output of the Denon to your Sonos system, if you use the Sonos audio to usb c adapter with one of your Eras. But I do not recommend this for TV or other video content because there will be be a delay of at least 75ms between audilo and video. And after all you will get just stereo and no multi channel audio. 
Imo a Sonos home theater device would be a quite better solution. 

@FlyF4,

Is your DENON a home theater receiver? Are you currently using this for home theater?

Note than many hone theater receivers will not deliver analog output (required for SONOS) from digital sources, such as ROKU.

yes, using for home theatre. Yes it is a theatre receiver.  There is no analog output that I see.

Is there a Zone2 DENON output?

There is a Zone 2 output, however, I have come to the decision I will just put surround speakers in the ceiling instead of possibly connecting Sonos.  Thanks all for the comments.