Answered

how to manage two sonos system through single app

• 31 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I have two sonos system

1)Sonos arc + 2 sonos one(gen 2). this system acts as my home theater

2)2 sonos connect which are connected to amplifier that plays sound in two different zones of my house.

my app identifies only one system at a time. My app randomly selects only one system. So, if my app recognizes “sonos connect system”, i cannot control my home theater system. 

I have orbi mesh for my wifi. 

any solution so i can operate both systems simultaneous while at the same time keep them separate. 

thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 31 December 2022, 15:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It sounds like you “created a new system” rather than “adding to existing system” when you set up the latest speakers. If so, you may need to factory reset the “home theatre” speakers and then add them to the “connect system” and put them into a new room in that system.  In the app you can then select which room you want to control for, say, music streaming or volume. And you can also group rooms to have synchronised music to multiple rooms. 

I think too there are or have been issues with the Orbi mesh wifi so you may need to configure the network so that it runs on a single channel - either 1, 6 or 11. 

Thank you.

I do have the option of having Arc, and both connect connect via eternet from seperate orbi satellite (as arc and connect are in different room). Would that be a better option, compared to wireless setup?