Answered

How to connect my Denon wired amp and subwoofer, speakers to new Sonos system

• 15 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I’m new to Sonos having just purchased 2 x Era300’s...so far very happy.

I have an existing system using a Denon amp (AVR1612) with Denon powered subwoofer and Denon speakers...all old school, using wires. ;)

From reading various forums, I seems as simple as getting a Sonos Port and connecting the Denon amp?

Before going out and purchasing a Port, I thought I’d ask this community if that’s correct? Or if there are other suggestion please.

The Denon is wired up to our TV, CD and turntable and I’d like to have it all integrated including the new Era300’s as part of the total new Sonos controlled system.

What I’d like to achieve is Sonos controlled system using Era300’s plus Denon wired subwoofer and speakers.

All are located in the same room.

I appreciate all thoughts and if you have created a similar setup how you went about it.

Many thanks.

Cheers Scott 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 15 November 2023, 11:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Scott09SF, welcome to the Sonos Community!

What you’ve read is correct, the Sonos Port is what you can use to connect your Denon and Era 300’s together. However the Era 300’s do have a line-in port on them, so if you were to use the Sonos Line-In adapter, you could connect the Denon to the Era 300’s directly.

The Line-in adapter is only one way, so if you also wanted whatever you stream on the Era 300’s to play on the Denon, you’d need the Port instead. 

If you have any further questions feel free to ask and I hope this helps!