Skip to main content

I am looking for the best way to hook up my 

Fluance RT85 Turntable

Sony UBP-X800M2 (Blu Ray player that will be used for CDs)

A Future Tape deck

To a Sonos port which will allow me to play those devices over my Arc/dual sub/duel Era 300 speaker system.

Is there a preamp that will allow an HDMI input form the Blu Ray player?

Any notable receivers that play nicely with the Port?  

Any advice would be appreciated

The goal is to play vinyl, CD and Tapes over my Sonos theater system.   No need to stream or do anything else.  Just play old fashion media through my room without buying standalone speakers

Thanks

You can use any Sonos product that has a line-in, or in some cases a Bluetooth RX (if your source device supports BT pairing) as follows…

• Port/Connect (no BT Rx)
  • Amp/Connect:Amp (no BT Rx)**
  • Five/Play:5 (gen2) (no BT Rx)**
  • Era-100 (has BT Rx) (requires additional dongle)**
  • Era-300 (has BT Rx) (requires additional dongle)**
  • Sonos Move 2 (has BT Rx) (requires additional dongle)
  • Sonos Roam/SL - has no line-in, but has BT Rx only

** Note: If any of the above compatible devices are used as a HT Surround, then their line-in port and Bluetooth Rx both become disabled.

Once the TT is connected it can play to any/all Sonos products - a line-in connection is the recommended/preferred option.

A turntable using line-in requires a pre-amp to bring its phono output up-to line level. Some TT’s have a pre-amp built in, but if not use a separate pre-amp that suits the type of cartridge fitted. 

If you want to connect more than one audio source to a single Sonos product line-in then you are best to use an RCA switch.

These two links below show the available different types of Sonos line-in audio adapters (dongles) for use with the Era-100/300 & Move 2 speakers. Note they are not required for the other Sonos products listed in my previous post…

Sonos line-in audio adapters

I don’t want to wire to a speaker - I think the RCA switch is more my flavor.  Looking for a switch that has various line ins (rca, hdmi, etc). I don’t think they exist and thus I may have to rebuy a receiver. 

I don’t want to wire to a speaker - I think the RCA switch is more my flavor.  Looking for a switch that has various line ins (rca, hdmi, etc). I don’t think they exist and thus I may have to rebuy a receiver. 

If your devices each have an analog line-out, then just use those - you could connect your Blue-Ray to a TV and pass-through its audio to a Sonos Soundbar, or Amp, or maybe buy a standalone CD player with a line-out.. it may prove less-costly than a new Receiver/Amp.

You might look for a quality pre-amp with multiple inputs to match your needs.

No HDMI but close to your needs: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_452PRE1/OSD-Pre-1.html?tp=75886

Your Sony UBP-X800M2 has a coax output that you could convert to analog to work with this.

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Optical-Analog-Converter-Adapter/dp/B07B9JR1N7/ref=sr_1_8

Not recommending either just showing examples.

TL;DR? Shopping list:

• Sonos Port
  • Phono preamp (for TT)
  • Budget DAC (for BD player)
  • RCA switch with 3+ inputs

You can also hook the Port analog outs to the tape deck’s REC input to record any audio from the Sonos system.