Answered

High pitched noise from playbar

• 1 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, my Playbar was working fine whilst laid flat. I’ve now wall mounted it and connected it to my TV and I’ve got a high pitched static like noise when it’s in use and afterwards for a while, then it stops. This is happening both when watching TV or listening to music so I don’t think it’s related to the optical cable. I have already done a factory reset which didn’t help.

I have submitted a diagnostic (764888460). I’ve also called (customer reference 03461863) but my call got disconnected (poor phone signal on my end).

Is there anything you can do to help?

Thanks,

Chris

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 December 2021, 11:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I would go back to Sonos Support via phone, if possible? Some powered speakers can sometimes develop a high pitched vibration in their switched mode power supply, so that will need to be investigated, as it sounds to me like that ‘might’ (possibly) be your issue. The diagnostic reports should help staff get to the root cause.

Also see this link to contact/chat to Staff:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact