Answered

Green light is flashing but Playbase is not discoverable

• 29 November 2020
  • 9 replies

My playbase was working fine but suddenly I could not see it in my app. I tried resetting and now the playbase is flashing green light but I cannot discover and add it in. Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by H-illin 23 January 2021, 09:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @H-illin.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

One possible reason it's flashing green is it's not able to find the wireless network.

So to fix this temporarily hardwire the playbase to the router for the speaker to get an IP address and try to add a new speaker in the app.

After you’re able to add the playbase again while the ethernet cable is still connected you need to set up the speaker wirelessly once more.

Go to Settings » System » Network » Wireless Setup.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi there

i connected the playbase to the router. I still cannot find the speaker in the app. 

Btw, I tried the S1 app as well 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @H-illin.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

The playbase should be on S2 application.

While the ethernet cable of the playbase is still connected to the router.

Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug your Sonos devices back in.

Here are router settings also that need to be verified for your speakers to run smoothly.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

f. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I’ve had this problem for about a year and it still does the same, I have no receipt so can’t do much about it. Waste of £600.

Clearly an issue with a few speakers, if anyone does manage to get a fix, please let me know!

Nothing works for me either

Is it because playbase is not sold anymore that sonos has now ditched playbase owners?

Come one Sonos a fantastic product that should not have been discontinued. 

We need our Sonos playbases back up and connected to listen to music they were designed to do

Thankyou to the community for help so far.  We need sonos to help fix all those green flashing disconnected playbases out THERE ASAP

I tried all these responses and it did not work. For what it’s worth, I have a receipt but I bought this 18 months ago. Not sure about warranty Singapore 

I liked the play base and because I liked it I bought a play beam. But if the warranty and quality is poor, what’s the point?

Hi all and Sonos support team

thanks for the support. The item could not be fixed but it was replaced. 
I was apprehensive give me Sonos does not have direct presence. However their representative - TC acoustics have a great after sales record and they collaborated with Sonos to try to troubleshoot and finally replace the unit. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hii @H-illin.

Thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Glad that it was fixed and sorry for the trouble it cause you.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.