Skip to main content
Answered

Gen 3 AMP not automatically switching to line-in

• 23 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

A few days ago, I replaced my Gen 2 AMP with a Gen 3 AMP.  I did this so I can group together in the Sonos app, my analog speakers, Beam, and Roam speakers.  I was able to use the same cables that were connected to the Gen 2 AMP to connect everything to the Gen 3 AMP.  Unfortunately, now, the line-in won’t automatically switch to the TV when the TV is turned on.  This automatic switching process worked fine with the Gen 2 AMP.  Right now, using the Gen 3 AMP, the only way to select line-in is manually in the app.  I have set up within the app the ability to auto-select line-in when the TV is turned on.  The Source Level is set to A/V.

Here is an example for my case:

I listen to Sonos Radio all the time.  When I was using the Gen 2 AMP, if I turned on the TV the Gen 2 AMP would automatically switch to line-in and the TV show audio played on my analog speakers.  Now, with the Gen 3 AMP, if I listen to Sonos Radio, and then turn on the TV, the Gen 3 AMP does not sense the TV and switch to line-in so I can hear the TV show audio on my analog speakers.

Are there any tricks or work-arounds to get the switching to line-in to be automatic?

Please help.

Thanks!

Donald

2 replies

Badge

Hi,

It turns out the latest Sonos 2 app update on 7/24/24 solved the problem.  They put back the ability to autoplay to a selected speaker.

Thanks, Sonos Team!

Donald

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just to maybe make a bit more sense to people reading this later, what devices are you using. There’s only one iteration of the Amp, so you mentioning a Gen 3 Amp is confusing to me. There where Connect Amps, Gen 1 and Gen 2, before that. So you must be using an Amp, that replaced your Connect Amp (Gen 2)? That would also be confusing, because a Connect Amp (Gen 2) is capable of running the S2 software, so there would have been no reason to upgrade to the Amp to be able to group with your (S2 only) Roam.

Could you explain what devices you are using?