Question

Flashing Red Light on my Sonos Move

• 27 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I purchased two Sonos Moves within the past year.  One is currently displaying a flashing red light.  The Sonos Move is still playing.  I can’t tell if there is a major problem.  

I’m currently using Apple Play through my iPhone without issue.  I’m able to pause and play songs, skip songs from my iPhone.  I can pause and increase the volume from the Move device.

I put the Move on the charger and the red light went away.  The battery did not show as being low through Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Klangfo.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation and would like to help you out.

I would like to recommend the following basic troubleshooting steps to Once the flashing red light re-appears. A flashing red light indicates a battery fault error.

1. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay.
  2. Turn off the Move by pressing the power button for 10-15 secs until the light on top disappears.
  3. Place the Sonos Move back on its charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app appears, I suggest observing as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the battery indicator on the Sonos app not disappear, submit a diagnostic, and call our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,