Question

flashing battery light and poor battery life

• 21 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a first edition (when it was released) Sonos move and the battery life is poor and now I have a battery fault error.  

I am a bit frustrated as I asked for help on Twitter and no answer when I first purchased.

love the sounds. I have 5 Sonos products and I love them.  But this needs help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jarramrap.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your situation and let me help you out.

I would like to recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. Flashing red on a Sonos move is not a normal behavior and indicates a battery issue.

You may also want to do the basic troubleshooting steps.

1. Remove the Sonos Move from the charging bay.
  2. Turn off the Move by pressing the power button for 10-15 secs until the light on top disappears.
  3. place the Sonos Move back on its charging bay and without pressing any buttons, the Sonos Move should turn on by itself.
  4. If the red light disappears, I suggest observing as it may just be a glitch.
  5. If the red light does not disappear, submit a diagnostic and call our technical support team.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. we are always here to help.

Thanks,