Answered

Five not visible in network matrix

Badge +5

This week I upgraded my system to S2 and added some Five speakers. They work without problem, but the network matrix for the five is incomplete. The noise floor is absent for all three Fives. The other componens (2xPlay1 and 1xPlaybase) are correct. 
See attachment for a better explanation.

Somebody any idea what caused this, or even better, how can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 21 May 2022, 14:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Newer Sonos devices no longer report the noise floor or OFDM ANI levels in the network matrix

Badge +5

That’s a clear answer, but not the answer I was hoping for. But that’s not your fault.😀

So thanks for the quick and clear reply.

http://x.x.x.x:1400/status/proc/ath_rincon/status shows an incremental count of PHY errors, so you can make some kind of assessment therefrom. 

The full diagnostic, visible only to Sonos, would of course reveal the full picture.  

For what it’s worth, the latest wireless cards have noticeably better performance than their predecessor(s). 

Badge +5

Its a pitty that Sonos does not reveal the “new support matrix”. Maybe they are getting tired of all the people askng for support because they do not experiance issues, but do not like the orange colors.

The latest wireless cards evidently don’t deliver ambient RF data in a format compatible with the matrix.

I somehow doubt there will ever be a ‘new’ matrix. In the last few years most of the diagnostics have been withdrawn from user view. What remains is unsupported and effectively ‘legacy’.

As for any unnecessary support calls over orange squares well, as always, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing...

Badge +5

I bought my first Sonos about 10 years ago, and in that period I put some questions on this forum.

After a long time, I returned to the forum and I saw that @ratty (who answered some of my questions) is still active here.

Thumbs up for @ratty for helping people for so long time.