Skip to main content

After a moving I’m installing my Sonos product in my new home. 
During the process to add my Sonos Connect to the Sonos system, I get the message “press the button whit the white blinking light”.

I have pressed it many times, but the app answer me “we do not detect the pressure of the button” and the process halts. 
I have repeated it many times and I got always the same result: installation failure. 

Any suggestion?

Run an Ethernet from the main router’s ports to the Connect as a first try. Once set up you can remove it.

Hi Stanley,

thank you for your suggestion. 
I managed to try and when connected through the Ethernet port I was able to configure the Sonos Connect. 
But once disconnected, it was not visible by the Sonos app. 
In any case, changing a little bit the position of the equipments, I have leaved it plugged to the Ethernet, so now everything works.

Thank you again!

You may have a bad radio in the Connect, a diagnostic sent in followed by a call to support could confirm that.

I’d skip it for now but keep it in mind for later if you need to go back to wireless.

I have connected SONOS CONNECT to the same network as the speaker but is not showing up in the APP. Should the light fliker white or yellow or stay solid to detect another device?

Here is a link to the LED states FAQ.