Skip to main content

I have my Connect wired to my router via ethernet which utilises my Home Cinema System for streaming and playing music from Itunes or other music stored on my Windows 10 PC.

I have two Play 1 Speakers in another room running in stereo which are running off my routers WiFi connection.

I prefer to have the option of running my Sonos system from the Windows 10 Controller  AND have the convenience of also using the App on my phone at the same time. - I had no issues with this whatsoever pre ‘Update and S2.’ I.e. the original Sonos android app used to work quite happily with the Windows 10 Controller. This is no longer the case and is very frustrating among other issues since S2.

I have found that Windows 10 controller will not find my Sonos system at all via WiFi any more, although the Android S2 will. - If I connect Sonos via Ethernet to my Connect, Windows 10 controller finds Sonos, but then the Android S2 App fails to find Sonos. - If I unplug the ethernet cable, Android S2 finds Sonos, but Windows 10 Controller does not.

I have spent since ‘Legacy’ and S2 first came about trying to get my Sonos system working the way it used to, which was the way I liked it. - I am furious and absolutely pulling may hair out. - All S2 compatible products have been updated and a Legacy Play 5 has been removed from the system.

I cannot get the Play 5 to work at all now on the S1 app (it has not been ‘recycled’) so should work!

Sonos are not cheap products by any stretch of the imagination and the whole Legacy issue preventing my system from working as it did, and disabling a speaker which would cost £499.00 to replace is infuriating!

I have found that Windows 10 controller will not find my Sonos system at all via WiFi any more, although the Android S2 will. - If I connect Sonos via Ethernet to my Connect, Windows 10 controller finds Sonos, but then the Android S2 App fails to find Sonos. - If I unplug the ethernet cable, Android S2 finds Sonos, but Windows 10 Controller does not.

It doesn’t sound like S2 has any bearing on this. What WiFi is in place? Just the router’s or do you have a separate WiFi?

I have a Tenda Mesh system attached to the router. - I have ensured that my phone and Sonos components are set to pick up Tenda WiFi rather than the BT Router’s WiFi.

Configure the Tenda for bridge mode. 

I can’t see anywhere in the Tenda App to do that?

Got it. - It was hidden as dhcp. Now trying

Sorted. - Thank you very much. - I am very grateful!

Good. Your network is now no longer split.